- Site Template
- WordPress Theme
- Blogging Theme
- CMS Theme
- Marketing Template
- eCommerce Theme
- Forum Theme
- Flash Template
- PSD Web Template
- .NET Script
- PHP Script
- HTML5 Code
- CSS Style
- Edge Animate Template
- Muse Template
- TypeEngine Theme
- Static Site Generator
- Sketch Template
CodeCanyon EU Cookie Muncher 2300176
Plugin \ WordPress \ Utilities
Share \ Social \ Media \ Wordpress \ Twitter \ Analytics \ Google \ Cookies \ Cookie
Plugin - EU Cookie Muncher 2300176 by scottsweb @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ WordPress \ Utilities
NEW in 1.3 – Run in implied consent/opt out mode to reflect changes in UK law. You can now also use the [cookie_button enable_text=”Cookies ON” disable_text=”Cookies OFF ”] shortcode on your policy page to allow users to change their cookie preference.
From May 2011 a new privacy law came into effect across the EU (the EU Cookie Directive). The law requires that websites ask visitors for consent to use most web cookies. This plugin will make your WordPress site compliant at the touch of a button.
Demo URL : wp.scott.ee
Login: administrator / administrator
About the Law
The law was created with the best of intentions but its implementation has not been very well thought out. Different countries within the EU also require different approaches. The short of it all is that any cookies that are not essential for the websites function should not be set without the express permission of the user first.
Essential cookies include those for logging in and shopping carts. Non essential cookies are generally set by tracking scripts such as Google Analytics and social media buttons. In the UK the maximum fine for non-compliance is ¡ê500,000. For more information I recommend you have a look at.
- A Simple Guide to Cookies by Wired
- ICO Guide to Cookies
- No cookie Law
- Mode – Allow visitors to either opt in or opt out (implied consent) of cookies by default
- EU Only – Enable the notification and cookie blocking for visitors within the EU only
- Shortcode – Use the [cookie_button] shortcode on your policy page to allow change of preference
- Linkable – Directly link visitors to a cookie enabled site by adding ?cookies=1 to any page on your site
- Themeable – Easy options for choosing notification colour, position and timeout
- No Adverts – An additional option to remove your websites adverts
- CSS – Create your own stylesheet for a completely custom look
How does it work?
First off we check the IP address of the visitor. If they appear to be outside of the EU then the plugin is not loaded.
Opt Out (implied consent) Mode
Opt In Mode
We scan your sites HTML for scripts and tools that do not comply with the directive, such as Google Analytics, twitter and Facebook social buttons. These scripts are removed from the page and a customisable notification is shown to the user inviting them to “accept cookies”. Once they accept cookies the preference is remembered for one year and your cookie setting scripts jump back to life.
What does it currently block?
- Google Analytics
- WordPress.com Stats
- Twitter Tweet Buttons
- Facebook Like Buttons
- Google+ Buttons
- Doubleclick / Google Adsense (optional)
- BuySellAds (optional)
- Skimlinks (optional)
- Adbrite (optional)
But my site uses xxx.js tracker/adverts…
I’m glad you said that. There are thousands of potential tracking scripts present across the web and they are not particularly easy to locate. I would like to invite you to make suggestions and provide links to other services that set cookies in the comments section . I can then extend the checks to remove more third party tools in future.
How can I test what is setting cookies and if it’s working?
There are three things you should do.
- View the source of your site with the plugin active. We add a comment to the very bottom indicating how many cookie settings scripts have been removed
- Install Ghostery for your browser to highlight tracking scripts as you browse the web
- Install the Web Developer toolbar to see which scripts are actually settings cookies
EU Cookie Law Shortcode – Version 1.3
- Improved shortcode [cookie_button enable_text=”Cookies ON” disable_text=”Cookies OFF ”]
- Shortcode loaded for front end only
- Update noty library to 1.2.1
- Updated default settings
- Added 20 seconds as a timeout option
- Conditional functions for theme developers: cookies_off() & cookies_on() to provide alternative content depending on state
- Added Woopra and Webtrends Blocking
EU Cookie Law Implied Consent – Version 1.2
- Run in implied consent (opt out) mode – please re-save your plugin options after updating
- New shortcode [cookie_button] to enable visitors to turn cookies on or off
- Closing the notification will now stop the pop up showing again (yes it sets a cookie!)
- Added support for Twitter widgets
- Fixed bug where HTML tags were stripped when saving
EU Cookie Law Plugin – Version 1.1
- Added check for AJAX request compatibility
- New service: chart.dk tracking code
- Updated Facebook to include the Facebook Like Box
- Added support for the DP Social Share WordPress Plugin
EU Cookie Directive Plugin – Version 1.0
- Initial release
Quick Sticky for WordPress; WordPress Video Training Dashboard Widget; WordPress Admin Colors & Branding; WordPress Instant Search and Suggest.
Keywords: compliance, cookie, cookies, directive, eu, facebook like, google analytics, law, share, social media, twitter, wordpress.
Android, Builder, Business, Clean, Corporate, Creative, Design, Ecommerce, Email, Fashion, Gallery, Image, Iphone, Jquery, Landing, Magazine, Magento, Marketing, Minimal, Mobile, Modern, Multi, Multipurpose, Parallax, Personal, Photography, Plugin, Portfolio, Product, Responsive, Retina, Simple, Slider, Social, Store, Template, Theme, Video, Woocommerce, Wordpress
Show all tags
Show all tags
- ThemeForest Marseille Real Estate PSD Template 18245794
- ThemeForest Big Move Responsive Transport & Logistics HTML Template 18405954
- ThemeForest Zagreb Car Hire PSD Template 18246313
- ThemeForest EVENT Conference and Event HTML5 CSS3 Template 18429995
- ThemeForest History- Museum & Exhibition HTML Template 18311363
- ThemeForest Pool Services HTML Template 18190674
- ThemeForest Nexus Responsive Admin Template 18440356
- ThemeForest Duric One Page PSD Template 18445677
- ThemeForest Car Repair And Maintenance Template 18397944
- ThemeForest coolelo Responsive Email Template Minimal Portfolio 18415367