- Site Template
- WordPress Theme
- Blogging Theme
- CMS Theme
- Marketing Template
- eCommerce Theme
- Forum Theme
- Flash Template
- PSD Web Template
- .NET Script
- PHP Script
- HTML5 Code
- CSS Style
- Edge Animate Template
- Muse Template
- TypeEngine Theme
- Static Site Generator
- Sketch Template
CodeCanyon Background Work Scheduler 3721306
.NET Script \ Miscellaneous
Background \ Scheduler \ Work \ Parallel \ Pattern \ Observer \ Polling \ Safe
.NET Script - Background Work Scheduler 3721306 by AvantPrime @ CodeCanyon
.NET Script \ Miscellaneous
Last Update: 1 January 13; Compatible Browsers: IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Firefox 4, Safari 4, Safari 5, Opera, Chrome; Software Version: .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0, .NET 3.5, .NET 3.7, .NET 4.0, .NET 4.5; Files Included: C# CS.
The Background Work Scheduler .NET component provides you with a simple and robust method to get any of your .NET applications including web, windows, console, services, WPF, etc to perform regular tasks at configurable intervals in the background without any interference to other aspects of the application including your user interface or interfence with your visitors. The component also offers a great feature of allowing 0 or more observers to be alerted whenever the background task has been performed. These observers can then manipulate the data returned (if any) in any way they like. This can be used for example in a scenario where many UIs are updated simulataneous or different bits of the data are used for performing other operations (which in turn can even be done on other threads with the Background Work Scheduler).
These regular background tasks may include.
- Loading news feeds
- Clean up operations
- Sending emails without reducing the responsiveness of the UI
- Monitoring internal and external resources
- Updating devices or other services with new information
- Refresh your data sources from external/internal web services
- Monitor database tables for changes or new information
- Monitor inboxes for new emails
- Process video, images, and other multimedia files
- Send large files
Tasks that take a long time including tasks that are processor intensive, hard disk intensive or task that access external resources such as web/wcf services, databases (in some cases), news feeds, etc can be run in the background. Once these tasks are completed the observers will be notified and then they can perform their work which can include updating the UI, notifying visitors of changes & updates, etc.
This component is built using the .NET 2.0 Framework which means in can be used in all .NET applications that are using the 2.0 framework or newer. This includes .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, & 4.5. This component can be used all types of .NET applications including.
- Windows Forms
- ASP.NET MVC
- Windows Services
- Web Services (XML/WCF)
The component also ensures that many pitfalls are not encountered inclduing.
- Deadlocks – thread safety through locking avoids deadlocks
- Memory leaks – clean up through the dispose method & consider problems such as the lapsed listener
- Exceptions leaks – Exception handling through to ensure undesired termination of the application does not occur
- ASP.NET ThreadPool & Service Unavailable – Give control of whether ThreadPool threads are used or not (by default no). This ensures that threads are not taken away from high availability ASP.NET applications casuing the dreaded “Service Unavailable”
- Task/Background work structure – Flexible mechanism for creating complex background operations
- Strong name signed – Allows referencing in other application that are strong name signed & also installed into the GAC
- The example shows how to create a scheduler, utilize and existing URL reader task and attach observers that will be alerted whenever the task has been performed. The sample also demonstratyes how to clean up the scheduler when its done.
You get a fully documented solution which includes the core file & test project. Also you get a comprehensive help file documenting full usage and you get compiled assemblies for immediate usage within your application.
Keywords: background monitor, background scheduler, background work, c-sharp, high availability, long running tasks, multi-tasking, multiple jobs, observer pattern, parallel work, polling, scheduler, thread-safe, threading, worker threads.
Android, Builder, Business, Clean, Corporate, Creative, Design, Ecommerce, Email, Fashion, Gallery, Image, Iphone, Jquery, Landing, Magazine, Magento, Marketing, Minimal, Mobile, Modern, Multi, Multipurpose, Parallax, Personal, Photography, Plugin, Portfolio, Product, Responsive, Retina, Simple, Slider, Social, Store, Template, Theme, Video, Woocommerce, Wordpress
Show all tags
Show all tags
- ThemeForest CoWork Open Office & Creative Space PSD Template 18401389
- ThemeForest Episode Responsive Multi-Purpose Portfolio Template 18078332
- ThemeForest Barrington Creative Agency HTML5 Template 18351230
- ThemeForest Riva Multipurpose Booking for Small Businesses 18179941
- ThemeForest Applan App Landing Page 18342101
- ThemeForest Carmen Car Dealership WordPress Theme 16266673
- ThemeForest Grayson A Stylish and Versatile Shop Theme 17794719
- ThemeForest Myna A Masonry WordPress Blog Theme 17345471
- ThemeForest Chronicle News and Magazine WordPress Theme 17299719
- ThemeForest Evont Event & Conference WordPress Theme 17497249