- Site Template
- WordPress Theme
- Blogging Theme
- CMS Theme
- Marketing Template
- eCommerce Theme
- Forum Theme
- Flash Template
- PSD Web Template
- .NET Script
- PHP Script
- HTML5 Code
- CSS Style
- Edge Animate Template
- Muse Template
- TypeEngine Theme
- Static Site Generator
- Sketch Template
CodeCanyon Twitter Feed iOS XCode Project 166474
Application \ Mobile \ iOS
Twitter \ Ipad \ Iphone \ Tweeting \ Feed \ Avatar \ Tweet \ Xcode
Application - Twitter Feed iOS XCode Project 166474 by TheNeezioGroup @ CodeCanyon
Application \ Mobile \ iOS
Last Update: 1 July 11; Files Included: .h, .m, .pch, .xib/.nib, Layered PNG; Mobile OS: IOS 4.1, IOS 4.2, IOS 4.3.
Twitter Feed is an iOS XCode project which illustrates the versatility of utilizing the built in URL request objects along with the XML parsing objects to perform GET transactions against the Twitter API in order to allow for retrieval of Tweets from a user’s timeline. Then utilizing the table view and custom table view cell style objects the information retrieved from the Twitter API can then be displayed in an easy to read and uniformly dynamic layout to be presented to the user. All together this application is a quick and easy way to include your Twitter posts within your own application to increase your social media exposure and introduce the potential to receive new followers and showcase a wider range of features in your application.
This particular application has been designed to be as compatible as possible with the broad range of iOS devices while also maintaining an ease of use for the end-user and an easy setup process for the application builder. The specific examples built in to the project application showcase either Tweets from The Neezio Group, or the TwitterAPI, timeline. Setting up the application is as easy as inserting your Twitter Screen Name or User ID into the designated area of the code which is clearly marked and explained in the source code files.
The layout and arrangement of the source code in the .h and .m files, as well as the .xib files makes it very easy to integrate the view based project directly into your own project, or even migrating the code and components over to your existing project. You even have a base layer of graphics available for modification, inspiration, or at least reference when specifying the various icons required for cross-device compatibility. The .plist file has been updated to include the icon array used to specify the available icons which the Apple devices will then choose from based on which icon is needed by the device be it the iPhone/iTouch, including Retina display, or the iPad.
Version 2.0 now incorporates the use of a navigation controller to provide a tweet detail screen viewable by selecting a tweet from the main table. This tweet detail screen is enabled to identify hyperlinks in the content and allow for them to be opened in Safari. Also new to v2 is the incorporation of the Twitter Avatar for the user. To reduce network bandwidth and increase application efficency, the images are downloaded, converted to data objects and stored into an array locally. This allows for the image to only be downloaded once while displayed in multiple locations across the application. The result is a smooth scroll in the table view, faster load times, and reduced lag between transitions.
Version 2.1 now incorporates hyperlink detection for @Username and #Keyword references. It also fixes a small bug involving an uncaught exception when attempting to scroll the Tweet list during a refresh event.
Version 2.1.1 now features an embedded Web View for Tweet links, and an optimized Table View for smoother scrolling by replacing the custom Table View Cell XIB with a formatted DefaultCellStyle to reduce memory overhead.
Contained within the ZIP file downloaded from the Envato Marketplace / CodeCanyon website, you will find six (6) different directories; Application, Documentation, Graphics, Screenshots, Screencasts, Legal.
- The Application directory contains all of the source code files and XCode project file needed to load and build the Twitter Feed application on your own machine, and integrate the necessary files with your own projects. Archives of previous versions are included.
- The Documentation directory contains the Help document.
- The Graphics folder contains the PNG versions of each Apple device icon such as the standard icon for iPhone 3/3GS, higher resolution Retina version, and icon for iPad size. It also includes the AppStore icon as well as the Source PNG file designed within Adobe Fireworks. Now included are two example of loading screen images as required by Apple in standard iPhone resolution and retina resolution.
- The Screenshots folder contains various reference screenshots of the application on the home screen and while being used.
- The Screencasts folder contains an FLV movie of the application in use.
- The Legal folder contains the trademark and copyright notices for any source and credit attributions.
PNG Icon Files Included
I’ve included five (7) PNG Icon files with this project.
- Application Icon for Apple AppStore
- Application Icon for iPad devices
- Application Icon for Retina devices
- Application Icon for Standard iPhone/iTouch devices
- Source PNG file used to generate the aforementioned Icon files
- Loading Screen Image for Standard iPhone/iTouch devices
- Loading Screen Image for Retina devices
Each respective Icon file was formatted according to Apple’s Icon and Image standards and specified in their developer guides and documentation.
This XCode project was built using the following application and framework versions, and tested on a live iPhone 4 device.
- XCode Version 4.2 (4C104)
- Interface Builder Integrated with XCode 4.2
- iOS Simulator Version 5.0 (266)
- Active SDK iOS Version 4.3 / 5.0 Beta 2
Version 2.1.2 (current)
- Implemented Unique File Naming Conventions
- Embedded Web View for Tweet Links
- Optimized Table View for Smoother Scrolling
- Replaced Custom Table View Cell XIB to Reduce Memory Overhead
- Hyperlink Detection for @Username Tags in Tweet
- Hyperlink Detection for #Keyword Tags in Tweet
- Fixed Application Crash on Table Scroll During Refresh Event
- TableView Now Scrolls to Top after Refresh Event
- Fixed Minimum Cell Height Issue to Match Avatar Height
- User Avatar Support
- Hyperlink Support
- Tweet Detail Screen
- Major Memory Leak Management
Note: Disabling the bounce effect of the TableView greatly reduces the overhead of the application, though it is still optimized with the effect enabled.
- Core Application
If you would like to be emailed when new versions are submitted to Code Canyon, you are more than welcome to sign up for our newsletter. Emails will only be sent when there is important information about Twitter Feed, such as known bugs or errors, and when there are new versions ready for download. Use the link below to access the signup form.
Sources & Credits
The following represents the legal copyright and trademark notices for the various elements in this project.
- The Twitter name, logo, Twitter T, Tweet, and Twitter bird are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. in the United States and other countries
- The blue bird icon used in the application icons provided with this project was provided free for use in both private and commercial projects, including software, online services, templates and themes. Gopal Raju of Productive Dreams (www.productivedreams.com) is credited as the original author of the blue bird icon used.
- The RSS icon used in the application icons provided with this project was provided under the Creative Commons Attribution license ( creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ) by Snap2Objects ( www.snap2objects.com ). Snap2Objects does not endorse either The Neezio Group, the Twitter Feed application, or the use of the RSS icon in the application icons.
Custom Date Display Module for OpenCart (vQmod); Single Product Redirect Module for OpenCart vQmod; Twitter Box Module for OpenCart; All Categories Module for OpenCart (vQmod); Vimeo Feed - iOS XCode Project; Twitter Feed - iOS XCode Project; Newsletter Signup - iOS XCode Project.
Keywords: NSMutableURLRequest, NSXMLParser, UIImageView, UINavigationController, User Timeline, XML parser, Xcode, avatar, ios, ipad, iphone, tweet, tweeting, twitter, twitter feed.
Android, Builder, Business, Clean, Corporate, Creative, Design, Ecommerce, Email, Fashion, Gallery, Image, Iphone, Jquery, Landing, Magazine, Magento, Marketing, Minimal, Mobile, Modern, Multi, Multipurpose, Parallax, Personal, Photography, Plugin, Portfolio, Product, Responsive, Retina, Simple, Slider, Social, Store, Template, Theme, Video, Woocommerce, Wordpress
Show all tags
Show all tags
- ThemeForest Infinite Marketing PSD Template 19297426
- ThemeForest Albedo Photography PSD Template 19297038
- ThemeForest Nixo Creative OnePage Template 19282650
- ThemeForest Avenue Stunning Blogging Tumblr Theme 19292304
- ThemeForest PiTheme Creative Responsive One Page 19293916
- ThemeForest Temax Onepage Muse Template 19291883
- ThemeForest Portal News Multi-purpose Magazine Style Drupal 8 Theme 19291136
- ThemeForest Simple and Smart PSD Template 19294588
- ThemeForest Dear Bride One Page Wedding Salon HTML Template 19288559
- ThemeForest Writeasy Blog Personal PSD Blog for Writing 19293784